What would it mean for you as a leader, if you had the capability, the will and the confidence to deal with any challenge that comes your way?
This program could be the game changer for your career progression, job satisfaction and, ultimately, your financial security.
I've taken my 30+ years of practical leadership experience and created this program based on my tried and tested strategies; The 7 Pillars of High Performance Leadership unlock the secrets of exceptional leadership.
I left my role as CEO of a multi-billion dollar business because I want to improve the quality of leaders globally - starting with you.
Leadership Beyond the Theory is Your CEO Mentor's flagship 7-week leadership program, designed to produce confident leaders who stand out from the pack.
The program is built upon Marty's 7 Pillars of High Performance Leadership, and is delivered through a series of short interactive video-based lessons, each week a different module challenging your thinking and behaviours.
The concepts are deceptively simple, but incredibly powerful, driven from the experience of a successful CEO.
Each lesson delivers practical insights that will unlock your potential and exponentially increase your leadership effectiveness.
From here, the results flow, and so do the rewards.
Our 91% student completion rate demonstrates both the value and the manageability of this 7-week program.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, LUTHERAN EDUCATION QUEENSLAND
GENERAL MANAGER IT PROGRAM DELIVERY
HEAD OF BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION, AGL ENERGY
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR, FILTERED MEDIA
ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER FOR OPERATIONAL CAPABILITY, FIRE AND RESCUE NSW
MEDICAL DEVICE PACKAGING TECHNOLOGY EXPERT, NOVARTIS (SWITZERLAND)
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER, LUTHERAN EDUCATION QLD
DIRECTOR, SECUREWORKS SECURITY CENTER OF EXCELLENCE ROMANIA
HIGH PERFORMANCE CULTURE AND LEADERSHIP PROFESSIONAL
MANAGER OF STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT, CITEC
From university drop out to CEO of a multi-billion dollar business, Marty forged a successful 30+ year career working for a range of major businesses across multiple industries.
He demonstrated career agility before it was trendy, holding senior executive roles in Sales and Marketing, Finance, Strategy, and IT.
Best known as the CEO who turned around CS Energy, he led his team to implement sustainable culture change, driving earnings growth from $18m to $441m, a compound annual growth rate of 125%.
Marty is now pursuing his true purpose; to improve the quality of leaders globally, each week reaching tens of thousands of leaders in over 60 countries with his chart-topping, 5-star rated podcast 'No Bullsh!t Leadership'.
A life-long learner with insatiable curiosity, Marty holds an MBA from the QUT Graduate School of Business, and is a graduate of Harvard Business School's Advanced Management Program.
- How to get the most out of this program
- A message from Marty and Em
- Before we begin
- Introduction to Deliver Value
- How to Define Value
- The Four Key Value Questions
- Activity Vs. Value
- Driving Value, Not Just Activity
- Simplicity and Focus
- The Six Rules for Simplicity and Focus
- Better, Faster, Cheaper
- Creating a Continuous Improvement Culture
- Building it into your team's DNA
- Sample Performance Standard
- Weekly Reflection Questions for Module 1
- So, what did you learn in Module 1?
- Module 1 Webinar Registration Link
- Introduction to Handle Conflict
- The #1 Career Killer
- Daily Reflection Questions
- Winning Trust
- Things that create trust
- The Psychology of Feedback
- The 5 Lenses of Feedback
- Difficult Conversations
- Elements of a great feedback conversation
- Sample feedback conversation script
- Feedback conversation review template
- Conflict in Negotiations
- Replacing negative emotions with curiosity
- Weekly Reflection Questions for Module 2
- So, what did you learn in Module 2?
- Introduction to Build Resilience
- What is Resilience?
- Increasing your 'Apparent IQ'
- Identifying a Problem
- Reflection after stress and adversity
- Control, Influence, and the Cold Hard Facts
- Control, Influence, and the Cold Hard Facts Worksheet
- Developing Perspective
- Questions to develop perspective
- Grace Under Pressure
- Some useful links
- Weekly Reflection Questions for Module 3
- So, what did you learn in Module 3?
- Introduction to Work at Level
- The Job at Every Level is Different
- Transitioning to a new level
- Becoming a Professional Leader
- Depth and breadth at level
- Leave a Level, Leave a Comfort Zone
- Knowing your strengths
- Don't Dip Down
- Dealing with a micromanaging boss
- Be Promotable
- Key tips for being promotable
- Weekly Reflection Questions for Module 4
- So, what did you learn in Module 4?
- Introduction to Master Ambiguity
- The Job of a Leader
- Making it clear for your people
- The Dark Side of Ambiguity
- The decision making discipline
- No Regrets Moves
- Finding 'no regrets' moves
- Using Ambiguity to Your Advantage
- Ambiguity as a competitive advantage
- Communicating Through Ambiguity
- Structuring communication in an ambiguous environment
- Weekly Reflection Questions for Module 5
- So, what did you learn in Module 5?
- Introduction to Drive Accountability
- Your Success Depends on This
- Your Success Depends on This
- One Head to Pat, One Ass to Kick
- Assigning Accountability Worksheet
- The Role of Empowerment
- Rules of Thumb for Empowering your People
- Accountability in Matrix Organisations
- Functional vs. Business Unit Structures
- Avoiding Micromanagement
- Avoiding Micromanagement
- Eat Your Own Dog Food
- Eating your Accountability Dog Food
- Weekly Reflection Questions for Module 6
- So, what did you learn in Module 6?
- Introduction to Make Great Decisions
- What Makes a Great Decision?
- Elements of a Great Decision
- Speed or Accuracy?
- Decision Tracking Template
- What's Real, and What's Just Noise?
- Eliminating Noise from your Decisions
- Getting the Most From Your People
- Unlocking Your People's Potential
- Communicating a Major Decision
- Communicating Decisions by Storytelling
- Weekly Reflection Questions for Module 7
- So, what did you learn in Module 7?
- Post program survey (doing this would help us a lot!)
- Congratulations! Here's what's next...
- Creating a High Performance Culture Webinar
- Leading Through Crisis Webinar
Identify and stop non-value adding activities, providing strategies to deliver value both personally and through your team
Become a master at handling conflict by learning Marty's tried and tested methods, enabling you to confidently and comfortably have tough conversations when they inevitably present themselves
Build resilience using Marty's strategies to develop perspective, and learn how to acquire 'grace under pressure'
Transition from a technical role to a leadership role with confidence, helping you work your way through the challenges of leaving your comfort zone and making you the most promotable person in the office
Learn to use ambiguity to your advantage, while giving you the confidence to chart a course through ambiguity with ‘no regrets moves’
Empower your people in even the most complex of organisations through clear accountability, and eliminate micromanagement to enable them to perform at their best
Make decisions with confidence by using Marty’s strategies that keep your organisation moving forward and completely avoid analysis paralysis
Learn how to get the most from your people in decision making, and how to communicate major decisions
Roseanne Gaut, Principal, Dowling Real Estate
Matthew Hogan, Senior Metallurgical Engineer, ALS
So practical, money well spent
Antonia Mercorella, CEO, REIQ
Strategising with confidence
Martin Bishop, Chief Operating Officer, Supawood
Strong leadership is key
Mel Zipf, Assistant Business Manager, St James Lutheran College
Timeless lessons and resources
Jordan Biglin, Project Mine Geologist
Relevant to all types of businesses
Fiona Maraca, Membership and Product Manager, REIQ
Luke Schoff, Principal
A new leadership toolkit
Damien Bock, Development Manager (Real Estate), Aurizon
Kate Baddeley, Managing Consultant (PR)
How long will it take me to complete the program?
A new module will be released each week for 7 weeks, after which you will have access to the entire program, for life.
How much time will I need to spend on the program each week?
We've designed this program to fit relatively easily into your busy life. You don't need to take time off work, or sacrifice going to your kid's soccer game! Our students say that the manageability of this program is one of the most valuable things about it. We recommend you spend 30 minutes each day watching the videos, doing any of the accompanying worksheets and reflecting on what that lesson means in your context. Some students like to do it on their commute into work, others do it in one block on a Saturday afternoon, or block out chunks of time in the boardroom during the week - whatever works best for you and your lifestyle! If you would like to join the weekly live webinars with Marty (which we highly recommend), that will add an extra hour to the program commitment each Sunday.
How much does the program cost?
The investment for Leadership Beyond the Theory (tax deductible of course) is $2,250+GST AUD. If this only brought your next promotion 12 months closer, it could be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to you!
Can I go on a payment plan?
Yes. You can pay the whole cost up front (and save a few hundred dollars), or you can go on a 3 or 6 month payment plan. We want to make this program as economically viable as possible.
Do you have a money back guarantee?
Yes. We believe so strongly that you will benefit from this content, that we offer a 100% money back guarantee. You can find more info on that at www.yourceomentor.com/moneybackguarantee
Will I have direct access to Marty?
Absolutely. Each week Marty will run a weekly Q&A session via video conference. We'll run different sessions depending on your time zone, which you'll become aware of in the first week of the program. While these sessions aren't compulsory, we highly recommend that you take advantage of this opportunity. It will give you a chance to ask Marty questions about that week's module, and gain any clarity you need to start implementing.
Why is this program different from any other?
We think our students outline this pretty well in their case studies which you can find at www.yourceomentor.com/casestudies, but we think that this program is unique because it is taught by a successful CEO who has already walked the path. Marty's '7 Pillars of High Performance Leadership' distills his 30+ years of leadership success into a proven, practical roadmap. It simplifies complex leadership concepts, and gives you the tools to actually implement change.
Can I share my login?
No. Whereas it is physically possible to share your login, this would be the same as ‘pirating’ any content (such as movies and music). We know that you are leaders with high integrity, and we trust you to respect this.
What will I receive upon completion of the program?
You will receive a Leadership Beyond the Theory certificate that outlines the modules you have completed.